ANALYTICAL ULTRA CENTRIFUGATION
Analytical ultracentrifugation (AUC) studies macromolecules in solution that are subjected to a centrifugal field. AUC combines the separation of the macromolecules and the analysis of their transportation in view of a rigorous thermodynamics. AUC is particularly suitable for studying the interactions of membrane proteins, glycosylated proteins, complexes between proteins and polymer or ANR... Sedimentation velocity and sedimentation equilibrium experiments allow :
- assessing sample homogeneity
- determining the association state of complexes
- providing indications on the general shape of the macromolecules
- quantifying association constants and weak inter-molecular interactions that determine protein solubility.
- analysing complex multi-component systems, on the basis of their density and optical properties (absorbance and refractive index).
See more at: